Monday, June 20, 2016

An Author's Life

An Author's Life
Who still thinks that the internet helps talent? What kind of talent? It didn't help me. I'm an author and an artist and a singer and the internet didn't help me one bit. The internet hurt me. It continues to hurt me. It dismisses my talent for my property. All the internet cares about is your property. And the more valuable your property is, the less regard it has for your life.

I recall a piece of that last poem ending up on a cheesy TV sketch. Who reads epic poems to find little bits of humor for their fucking TV shows? They'd pull your grandmother out of the intensive care ward and stick her onstage to moan if they thought it would win a laugh. And these same assholes who plundered years of my content do not have a shred of original work of their own to fill the crater left behind by my repossession.

And just like the stupid Crystalids, who were hailed as artists, tried to tell me 'it's not about you, it's about your songs', these TV stars will soon learn that I am not limited by their fraud. I can continue to share my thoughts and my feelings in my words indefinitely. So while they have their eyes on my property, I'll continue to avail myself of the talent that would have been snuffed out by their murderous plot by now if they had their wicked way.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2016. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment